- Always ask an adult if you’re unsure of anything when you are online.
- Don’t sign up for sites that are 13+ if you are not old enough (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram etc).
- Remember YAPPY (the personal information you should not share online) – Your full name, address, phone number, passwords, your plans.
- Don’t add people as online friends unless you know them in real life or have parent permission. Never arrange to meet an online friend without talking to a parent.
- Remember that you cannot believe everything you read on the internet and you can’t trust everything online friends tell you.
- Choose sensible names for usernames, email addresses etc.
- Talk to your parents about what you’re doing online and let them know when you’re going on the internet.
- Know what cyber bullying is and tell someone if you think it’s happening to you. Cyber bullying is when someone picks on you, annoys, embarrasses, or threatens you over and over again using technology, such as the internet or a phone.
- Protect your digital footprint: don’t put anything online that you wouldn’t want all your friends, family, teachers and future employers to see.
- Treat others online the way you’d like to be treated.
Check This Out!