Bible Reading: Psalm 103:1-8
The Lord is merciful and gracious; he is slow to get angry and full of unfailing love. Psalm 103:8
THE BIBLE IS filled with the stories of “rotten people” doing rotten things:
• Sarah laughed at God’s promise.
• Jacob made a lifestyle out of cheating people—even his own brother.
• Samson seemed willing to blab the solemn secret of his strength to any pretty woman who came along.
• David stole another man’s wife—and then had that man killed!
• Jonah tried to run away instead of taking God’s word to people he hated.
• Peter openly denied his Lord with vows and curses.
• John Mark quit the apostle Paul’s missionary team and went home, leaving Paul feeling deserted.
And those are just a few of the rotten people whose stories are told in the Bible. Some people did even worse things than those listed above!
To read the rest of this article click here!